sends a message to the control channel of a given luser
This command can only be run by the sysadmin
In the normal mode of behavior, the message is sent to the luser's brain, which
then performs the requested action and sends back a reply with a text message
and the exit code for ctluser
. If the luser's brain successfully
performed the command, ctluser
will exit with a status of zero and
print the reply on standard output.
The ``-m'' flag is used to display an MPEG of the results of the given command
on the console of the sysadmin
that this requires the
(1) to be running an X server.
To see a command summary, use the ``-h'' flag. If a command is included when
is invoked with the ``-h'' flag, then only the usage for that
command will be given.
The complete list of commands follows. Note that all commands have a fixed
number of arguments. If a parameter can be an empty string, then it is
necessary to specify it as two adjacent quotes, like "".
- addhist <entry>
- Add an entry to the luser's employment record.
- allow reason
- Allow a luser to use the computer system again. The
reason must be the same text given with an earlier ``reject''
command. Note that this command is currently not implemented.
- begin name
- Begin a new luser(1) with the given file.
Note that this command is currently not implemented.
- cancel pid
- Causes a process of a luser to be killed
- changegroup group
- Changes a luser from their current workgroup to the one
- Forces a user to return to a paper based system
- Causes a large mass to drop onto the luser from a great
- Destorys all logs of the actions done by the
sysadmin(1) to the luser.
- go reason
- The luser is fired for the given reason.
- Makes the luser hang themselves
- Displays the operating mode of the luser
- newgroup group
- Causes a luser to make their own newgroup up
- pause thought
- Makes the luser pause for the given thought. Note
that this may cause some lusers to crash
- shutdown reason
- Makes the luser shutdown. This is essentially the same as
- signal sig
- Sends the given signal to the luser
- throttle reason
- Causes the luser to throttle themselves
- trace item flag
- Gives the sysadmin(1) information on what the luser
sometimes has the effect of lusers complaining the to management.
The use of bosskill
(8) maybe required at this point.
Written by Simon Burr <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Based upon the manual page for
(8), part of the InterNetNews system.
luser(1), sysadmin(1), bosskill(8)